Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Directions on finding textbooks, books & E-Books!
Click the tabs below to locate three sets of instructions to get you started finding books with the tool OneSearch.
Many textbooks are kept at the library for students to borrow. Use the search box to search for textbooks. Switch the dropdown menu to "Course Reserves". Search by:
- Instructor's Name
- Class Name
- Book Title
If your textbook is in the library, call (831) 646-4095, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit either the main library or Marina Campus to find out how long an item can be borrowed.
- Type a word into the search box above and press "SEARCH".
- A new tab will open with a search results page. From there, a list of results is located in the middle of the page
- Available At: Physical items such as books will indicate a location and a call number after the words "Available at...". The call number is the letter and number combination in parentheses and it helps you find the book on the shelf. Write down the call number.
- Access Online: Electronic articles and e-books are accessible by clicking on "Available Online". If off campus, you will be prompted to log in using your Lobos Apps information.
- After clicking "Search", refine your results to just e-books on the left-hand side.
- Under "Limit To", click on "Online Resources" to get results that can be accessed full text online.
- Under "Type of Resource", click on "books".
When you find an e-book, click on "Available Online" to see the full record. You will need to log in using your MPC Lobos Apps username and password.