Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The MPC Library has a wealth of resources, use the tools below to search for high quality resources for your project.
- OneSearch searches across most of the MPC Library's content, use it to find articles, books, videos, etc. If you find a physical book, request it and pick it up during our pick-up hours
- Databases have full-text electronic content (articles, books, etc.) that you can access right away
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask for help from a librarian!
Search the MPC Library's Content
Quick Search Tips
- More Search Terms = Fewer Results: Start with a simple search, and add search terms to focus your results.
- Search with just the important words (keywords), don’t use sentences:
- Example: Old Kingdom AND drought; instead of ‘did the old kingdom fall because of drought?’
- Quotation Marks - Use quotation marks to tell the computer to keep the words together:
- Example: “Old Kingdom” “classic Maya”
- Too many search results? Combine keywords using the word AND to narrow your results to more specific aspects of your topic:
- Example: "Indus Valley" AND disease; Angkor AND collapse AND climate
- Not enough search results? Combine similar keywords using the word OR to broaden your search results:
- Example: "Easter Island" OR "Rapa Nui"; (Angkor OR Khmer) AND collapse