Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Connecting Google Drive Account to your Canvas Classes
Connecting Google Drive to Canvas Classes
This is an option you can activate in Canvas if you would like but it is optional for your Library 50 class. Only do so if you plan on working on your assignments in Google Docs, then you can submit them directly from your Google Drive account. If you do set it up you can still submit assignments the normal way as an attachment too.
The Google Drive web service allows you to integrate Canvas with your Google Drive account. All users can authorize their Google Drive accounts for access to Google collaborations and assignment uploads.
You can link whatever Google Drive account you would like but make sure you link the one that you will be doing assignments in. You can link your school account or a personal account but you will have to choose one or the other...make sure it is the one you do your work in.
Welcome to Library 50
Thank you for enrolling in LIBR 50, "Introduction to Library and Research Skills." This information page will help you get started with the class. Make sure you look at the information linked here to the left and right. The class syllabus has the information for the class-you should print this out. There are also instructions on how to get set up and logged into Canvas (our online class environment) via Lobo Apps, how to navigate, communicate and submit assignments, and how to connect your Google Drive account to our class if you want to.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions. You can:
- Email/Message me through the Inbox function in the class environment (Inbox is on the left side of the class homepage and is the primary way we communicate in class). This is the best way to get a hold of me as I am always checking my Inbox in class.
- Call me at my office at (831) 645-1382 and leave a message. If I am not there, please leave a message. You can leave a message and it should get forwarded to me but the Inbox in Canvas is your best bet.
- Ask for help from any reference librarian on duty at the MPC Library Reference Desk or call the Reference Desk at (831) 646-4262. As of now, the plan is to have the library opened for the fall semester.
- Email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or problems (though it is best to contact me via Inbox in the class).
- You should expect a response from me within 24 hours.
Make sure you log into the class on the first day of class...the semester begins Friday, August 13th. Those that do not log into the class the first full week of the semester and complete all the first due assignments by their due date will be dropped from the class. Since this is an online class it is important to keep on top of things. If you run into any problems please let me know...communication is important!
Unit 1 Assignments (Syllabus Quiz, Student Intro Biography and Assignment 1) are all due by
Wednesday, August 25th at 11pm.
I look forward to working with you...please feel free to ask questions and good luck with the class!
Instruction/Reference Librarian (and your instructor for Library 50!)
Class will be available online starting Wednesday morning, August 11th...the Wednesday before the semester starts
Lobo Apps Login to Access Library 50 Class in Canvas
Navigating Library 50, Submitting Assignments and Communication In Class