Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to Library 50
Thank you for enrolling in LIBR 50, "Introduction to Library and Research Skills." This information page will help you get started with the class. Make sure you look at the information linked here to the right. The class syllabus has the information for the class-you should print this out. There are also instructions on how to get set up and logged into Canvas (our online class environment) via Lobo Apps.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions. You can:
- Email/Message me through the Inbox function in the class environment (Inbox is on the left side of the class homepage and is the primary way we communicate in class). This is the best way to get a hold of me as I am always checking my Inbox.
- Email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or problems
- Call me at the reference desk at (831) 646-4262, Thursdays 5-9p. If I am not there, any librarian who answers the phone can assist you
- Again, ask for help from any reference librarian on duty at the MPC Library Reference Desk or call the Reference Desk at (831) 646-4262.
Make sure you log into the class on the first day of class...this 1 unit half semester class begins Monday March 30, 2020. Those that do not log into the class the first few days of class and complete all the first due assignments by their due date will be dropped from the class. After the 2nd week all students must then drop themselves if they are not keeping up with the class.
Since this is an online class it is important to adhere to the deadlines. If you run into any problems please let me know...communication is important! Assignment #1, Introduction Biography, and the Syllabus Quiz , Assignment #2 and the Information and Research Basic Quiz are all due by Wednesday, April 8 at 11pm. (a total of 5 items are due).
I look forward to working with you...please feel free to ask questions and most students do well in this class!
Instruction/Reference Librarian (and your instructor for Library 50)
(831) 646-4252 (Thursdays 5p-9p)
Class will be available online starting Monday morning, March 30, 2020 ...the day the class begins.
Lobo Apps Login to Access Library 50 Class in Canvas
Navigating Library 50 and Submitting Assignments
About Your Instructor
Deborah Ruiz's Biography
I have taught Introduction to the College Experience, The Images of Women in Art and Introduction to Library and Research Skills. I have been teaching for over 20 years. I love learning new things, have a Master's Degree in Library Studies (UCB), an almost completed Master's in Education (CSUMB), doctoral classes in education (USF) and a secondary teaching credential (Chapman). I am retired from full time work, so I love having time to read books instead of read about them, I love to knit, go to concerts and plays, cook for family and friends and travel. In my daily life I try to get to yoga and water classes.